Blogs > Fantasy football playbook

Inside fantasy football action with sports reporter Francis X. Bova of The Morning Journal in Lorain, Ohio

Click here to return to The Morning Journal's online Sports section.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ooops

When I first started this blog, I was under the impression that any comments that were issued to me would result in an e-mail sent to my account saying that there were comments that needed to be approved. Since I never got any, I never thought any comments were being made. The only comments I saw, actually, were the two that were e-mailed to my account. Well, it took me a week and a half, but I finally figured out what was wrong. So, to all of you who tried to comment and ask me questions, I'm sorry. This blog technology I'm still getting used to. Now that I've figured it out, hopefully I can give you some good advice.
 
In one of my leagues, I played the best team in the league this week. After Sunday's games, I was only down by six points and I had two players going in the Monday nighter -- DeShawn Wynn and Donald Driver. In the bag for me, right? WRONG!!! Wynn gets hurt on his very first carry and gives me a goose-egg. Favre decides to make heroes out of Jacoby Jones and Greg Jennings, but only throws to Driver (his "No. 1 target") three times for 40-something yards. I didn't watch a lot of the game, so I don't know if Driver had a case of the dropsies. All I know is I prayed that Denver would send the game into OT so Driver could get a couple more catches. Denver tied it up before time ran out (YES!), Green Bay won the toss (DOUBLE-YES!), and Favre proceeds to find Jennings on the first freakin play for an 82-yard touchdown (NOOOOOOOO!!!!!). This is why the fantasy gods do not like me this year. Bringing back Steven Jackson for only a quarter and tantilizing me with 40 yards and a touchdown in that quarter was bad enough. But this just takes the cake! From 3-0 to 0-3. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
 
Hope your weeks were better than mine. Here's to a new week and a clean slate. Bring it on!


Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks & Treats for You! Get 'em!

6 Comments:

Blogger Francis X. Bova III said...

It was James Jones for the Packers. Jacoby Jones plays for Houston. Duh! That'll learn me for writing a blog entry while angry, you make stupid mistakes like that one.

October 31, 2007 at 5:08 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you give fantasy basketball advice, too?

November 2, 2007 at 12:33 PM 
Blogger Francis X. Bova III said...

Fantasy basketball isn't my best fantasy sport (although some cynics in my leagues will say the same thing about fantasy football). It's actually a distant third on my fantasy depth chart (behind football and baseball). I try to play in a couple of free Yahoo leagues each year just for fun. If you have a fantasy basketball question, you could pose it to me, and I'll see if I can help.

November 2, 2007 at 6:42 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you give fantasy hockey tips, eh?

November 4, 2007 at 1:54 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should do a start 'em and sit 'em on your blog every week.

November 4, 2007 at 1:57 PM 
Blogger Francis X. Bova III said...

Is that Hans Schneider commenting on my blog? I do a start em and sit em in my column every week, but, because of space, I only list four guys apiece. My original plan was to do an extensive list with this blog. I'll have to revisit that. I don't want to get blamed for being a "copier," though.

"Anonymous," you're a funny guy, eh. Take off with your fantasy hockey, you hoser.

November 5, 2007 at 3:19 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home