Blogs > Fantasy football playbook

Inside fantasy football action with sports reporter Francis X. Bova of The Morning Journal in Lorain, Ohio

Click here to return to The Morning Journal's online Sports section.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Playoffs for me

Well, it took an amazing 5-game winning streak, but I got one of my teams into the playoffs after all. And, the good news, it's not only in my "big-money" league, but also a league that awards the top prize to the Super Bowl winner.

One roadblock in that league is a team that has both Tom Brady and LaDainian Tomlinson. No surprise that that team (incidentally, owned by a woman ... who says this is a man's game?) not only has a comfortable points lead but also only lost one game, which was two weeks ago. Winning the Super Bowl means I'll have to get through her. My saving grace is if LT or Brady get rested in Week 17, but I doubt it. Hopefully, my squad continues its red-hot play and wins three more games in a row so I can salvage what has largely been my most forgettable fantasy football season.

One tip for you as you prepare for your playoff battles, even your potential championship games in Week 16. The Colts will probably be the only team in either league with nothing to play for in the next two weeks. They've clinched the division, a win this week will clinch a home game and they can't catch New England. Expect Jim Sorgi, Kenton Keith, Aaron Moorehead and others to get lots of playing time, possibly beginning in Week 16. If you have Manning and you are in the Super Bowl, my advice is to pick up Sorgi. If you don't, my advice is to pick up Sorgi. Trust me ... that guy helped me win a Super Bowl a few years ago, and he'll probably do the same for you.

Oh yeah, if you were holding out hope that Marvin Harrison would be back, give it up. Indy will rest him as much as they can and not risk a further injury with its fate already sewn up. Let the dream die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home