Blogs > Fantasy football playbook

Inside fantasy football action with sports reporter Francis X. Bova of The Morning Journal in Lorain, Ohio

Click here to return to The Morning Journal's online Sports section.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My progress

Through two weeks of the season, I own two 2-0 teams and two 1-1 teams. I'll take it.

One of the 2-0 teams is the club I co-own with my buddy Kos (the team with all the Cowboys on it). This week, we defeated the current league leader by a handy margin and are now a mere point off the league lead.

The other 2-0 team is in the league I'm in with my family. I've broken the century mark in both weeks, defeating the two teams I thought would be the toughest teams in my conference. My chances are good for a playoff berth and for a Super Bowl berth as well.

The 1-1 teams, one I'm happy to be that record, the other not so much. The first one is in my Morning Journal league (the one where I lost Tom Brady), and I was able to squeak out a victory with Chad Pennington at QB. I made a trade, giving up Willie Parker and Jeff Garcia for Ben Roethlisberger and DeAngelo Williams, so that solidifies my QB position for next week.

The other, I had five players going in the Sunday night game, and only two of them performed decently at all. That cost me, since the team I played had the high score for the week. Hopefully, they turn it around next week.

Folks will also be happy to know that I finally got Internet access at my house, so now I won't have to travel all over the place to update my teams. That should be bad news for my future opponents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home